I used to hate long distance running. I would watch runners go past and envy the fact that they could do it – and wondered why they liked it.
Strangely enough that all changed earlier this year. I had heard about an App for my phone which could help you get from ‘couch potato’ to a runner (possibly good enough for the Olympics… okay, I can dream).
I have stuck to the challenges and kept running a few times a week (once every two days when I’m being really good).
A friend of mine in London posted information about the first Big Gay 10K in London on Facebook and I was hooked…
A real challenge for me. Will you support me? Here’s my page.
What have I got myself into? The next thing I knew I was signing up for my very first ‘proper’ run. I am currently running distances of 3-4K. The 10K might just finish me off…
I have set up a Just Giving page so that you can track my progress and see if I am still alive. Of course, I’ll be blogging more about it here too.
In short – this is what it’s all about.
- It’s the FIRST ever Big Gay 10k run in London.
- The run takes place on 30th September 2012.
- The 10k has been put together to raise money for some of the UK’s leading Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender health and well-being charities.
- The charities organising the event are London Friend and PACE.
- The route will go along the River Thames – It means I get to run past icons like the London Eye, Tate Modern, Big Ben and Westminster! Fab!
- You’re allowed to RUN it, WALK it, MINCE it…
- It’s a great excuse to get my legs out.
- I may not make it to October…
I would love it if you took the time to check out my Just Giving page – You may even like to make a small donation for the wonderful charity. (That’s the easy bit – I’ll be the one running around London in September).