Life can be so simple if you allow it to be. There are so many things which make me happy, but these are the best ones.
In no particular order…..
- Waking up on Saturday morning (there’s nothing quiet like it)
- Bas. Spending my life with him makes me happier than I’ve ever been
- Arriving home when it’s been pouring down. Putting on the heating and curling up on the sofa
- Cadbury’s chocolate (the English cadbury’s)
- Opening birthday and Christmas cards from my mum
- Buying new clothes
- Packing for a holiday
- Visiting new countries
- Watching favourite films on the sofa with Bas (The Holiday, Love Actually, 27 Dresses, Devil Wears Prada)
- Getting emails/messages from old friends
- Organising trips away (especially the ones to the UK)
- Christmas with the family
- Walks in forests (I LOVE that smell)
- Snow, especially when the sky is blue and the sun is shining on the fresh snow
- My cats, Fudge and Cooper
- The first day of the summer holiday (every year I am amazed at how good it feels) – the joys of teaching
- Finally being able to speak Dutch with confidence
- The Eurovision Song Contest and counting down to it (this starts 6 months before the actual show)
- Listening to music on iTunes
- Bike rides
Looking back at my list there aren’t many which need a lot of money. Just to show that you don’t need a lot of money to enjoy life.