Isn’t the 100th post meant to be something special? Should WordPress users be finding something profound to discuss when they reach this stage? I won’t pretend to be anything other than pleased to be surviving the blog world.
I want to use my 100th post to look back on blogging in general. I’d also like to say a HUGE thank you to the people who have commented on or subscribed to my blog. You’re the ones who make it worthwhile – After all, there’s no point in writing if nobody wants to read it. (A couple of friends linked via email, thanks. And some new WordPress friends have now linked up and subscribed – It’s great to see you all. Thanks for all the comments). I hope you continue to enjoy it all.
I started blogging because I love writing. I love to share stories and experiences. I used to write a diary (every day) from 1993 until 1999. (My teenage years). Blogging seemed the next natural step.
Since starting there have been other aspects that have been more fun to discover:
- The connections with other readers from around the world have been astounding. The comments that I read are a great support. I like to know how my posts make other people feel – If they have had similar experiences. I realise that I’m not alone in being a serious people-watcher, a crazy-nut and a self-proclaimed Eurovision-fan.
- I love to see where my readers are from. A big shout out to USA (you are #1 in the list of visitors). The addition of the clustrmaps.com widget to my blog is being closely followed. World domination here I come. 🙂
- WordPress is full of interesting posts on other blogs. I didn’t realise that there were so many people with amazing things to talk about out there. I love catching up with other people and read about the odd, the funny and the downright ridiculous.
- Freshly Pressed – I aim to be there one day.
- Receiving special awards from other bloggers. I got the Stylish Blogger Award from Play101 (Yay – Happy me!) and I got The Versatile Blogger award from Mari (Speechless!)
The bloggers who make it all such fun:
- Terri and her blog Terri’s Little Corner (Terri has been so supportive from Week #1. Thanks for the great tips (telling me to join Twitter) and for the fab and very funny comments. Terri’s blog is also #1 for bringing others to my blog).
- Shari and her blog Shari Lopatin: Rogue Writer (#2 in bringing traffic to One Life). Some great posts on this blog. It’s worth a visit.
- The ‘Pie Hole’ and the funny blog A Piece of the Pie Hole. Always something here to make me giggle.
- The other ‘Jamie’ (a female Jamie) and her great blog The Life of Jamie. Always a fun comment from Jamie. Thanks for everything.
- Yarp News. This is one of the wackiest, most random funny blogs that I’ve ever read. Each day brings a new shock and surprise. Love it!
- My Top 10 Visitor Locations (via ClustrMaps):
- USA (no surprise there, as WordPress is an American site anyway).
- United Kingdom (again, no surprise as I am from the UK). Thanks friends for visiting!
- The Netherlands (my current location – living and working here).
- Philippines (I am shocked – I would never have imagined so many people from the Philippines would enjoy my blog. Hi people!!!!) :))
Facebook has been so useful in setting up and keeping the blog going. My friends may be tired of seeing new posts popping up – but some have enjoyed it. Thanks for the visits (especially Sebastian, Gill and Vicky for subscribing).
One Life is here to stay! Here’s to the next 100 posts. Happy reading!